Leak Detection and Pipe Rover Program
• CSIRO are scheduled to present their findings to the project team on 10 November on the recently completed trials of Pipescan+ in conjunction with CSIRO and JD7.
• Trials using Fibre Optics are currently being scoped with a service provider. There are multiple uses for this technology including water main leak detection, pipeline pressure monitoring, identification of illegal connections and infrastructure security.
• A potential trial using satellite imagery to identify leaks is also being investigated.
Asset Performance and Energy Optimisation Program (new program of work)
Business cases are currently being prepared for five projects:
• Collaborative Electricity Procurement
• Wastewater treatment operations optimisation
• Industry scale generation investment paper
• Real time adaptive energy performance management through environmental sensors
• Decision model for electricity load shifting
Information, Analytics and Real-time System Optimisation Program
Flagship EOI proposals currently being assessed see article in this newsletter
Intelligent Water Metering Program
A business case being prepared for the preparation of an Industry Risk Assessment for Intelligent Metering implementation.