The Intelligent Water Networks Program is a partnership between:
The IWN investigates new technologies and innovations to meet common challenges such as population growth, ageing infrastructure and climate variability in a more efficient manner.
Our vision is that the Victorian Water Industry's shared opportunities will be delivered through collaboration and leadership.
The Victorian water industry is facing a common set of challenges:
- population growth, ageing infrastructure, changing customer expectations and climate variability mean greater demand
- a need to get more out of existing infrastructure, and
- developing technologies which present opportunities for innovation.
The Victorian water industry is working in an environment where:
- technology continues to accelerate
- operational complexity is increasing
- systems are becoming more inter-reliant or integrated, and
- there are new system s and technologies emerging every day.
IWN: Victorian water corporations collaborating to drive innovation and deliver value for their customers and the environment.